FLEXAIR is a very strong fully fexible, compressible light weight Duct which is widely used in Air Conditioning and ventilation Systems for commercial, industrial and residential applications.
FLEXAIR is extermely durable and will maintain dimensional stability when fully extendend. Highly efficient when correctly installed, FLEXAIR provides a maintainance free service life under normal operating conditions.
Attention is drawn to the requirement that flexible duct must always be fullt extended and bends made with adequate radius to prevent corrugation of the interior with consequent excessive resistance to airflow.
Designed for indoor use as a supply and return air duct in residential and commercial, low to medium pressure air conditioning systems.
High flexibility allows connection to any desired position enabling correction of misalignent between components.
Quick connections in ares where usual fabricated ducts or fittings cannot be installed, due to space constraints.
- FLEX-MAP 15
ALUGLASS DUCT SYSTEM
No Thermal Bridge
Plastic profile used for joining various section of the duct system are made from specially fire retardant plastic and ensure no thermal bridge.
Enhanced Mechanical Strength
Speicality fire retardant plastic profile and Aluglass facing provide additional mehanical strength to SKAT Aluglass duct system
SKAT Aluglass duct system distributes air quietly. The built-in thermal,acoustical insulation absorbs noise generated by central air handling equipment and air movement through the ducts.
The insulation also reduces noise transfer drastically, such as cross-talk, from one room to another through the ducts.
SKAT Aluglass duct system is light in weight to handle, easy to fabricate and saves time of installation.
SKAT Aluglass ducts made of non fiberglass do not emit any smoke in case of fire and are hence FIRE SAFE.
Indoor Enviornmental Quality (IEQ)
SKAT Aluglass duct system made of non-combustible fiberglass do not emit any toxic and smoke in case are hence fire safe.
Excellent Condensation Control due to Zero Water Vapor Permeance
SKAT Aluglass ducts outer facing (Aluglass) achieves zero water vapor permeance and controls moisture condesation in the air handling system, It reduces the risk of water damage.Good insulation qualities minimize condensation on the exterior of the duct
SKAT Aluglass duct system
- is dimensionally stable under varying conditions of temperature and humidity.
- Is rot proof, odorless and non-hygroscopic. Does not breed or sustain mold, fungus, bacteria or rodents.
- Is resistant to any effect due to enviornment (UV rays) and does not deteriorate.Hence no aging.
- Has more life then that of the building in which it has been installed. Even its performance remains consistent and uniform throughout its life.
STRUCTUAL INTEGRIYT SKAT
- Show excellent structual integrity which exceeds that required in actual installaions when determined by static load test.
- Is puncture-resitant.
- Successfully withstands positive and negative pressure test 2.5 times higher than rated operating pressure, This far surpasses the fitty percent margin in most installation
SKAT GLASS DUCT IS NOT HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH (see SKAT MSDS)
FIRE SAFETY SKAT
Aluglass duct system
- is made of glass fibers which are non-combusitble which tested in accordance to BS 476 (part 4) and ASTM E 136
- is resistant to flame spread from external or internal fire sources and is classified as “Class 1” materials when tested in accordance to BS 476 part 7 and “Class O” when tested as per BS 476 (part 6 & 7).
- When tested as per UL 723 through ASTM E 84, it achieves flame spread index of less then 25 and smoke developed index of less then 50.
- Withstands the flame penertration test without collapsing or evidence of perforation which would allow to direct passage of flame or gases, and without combustion on the exterior surface of the sample.
|Thickness||Mean Temperature oC||Thermal Conductivity W/m.k||Thermal Resistance m2K/W|
|CONFORMITY TO STANDARDS|
ASTM C 167,177,411,423,518,665, 13.8 & 13.9 1045,1104/1104M, 1136(types 1&2), 1338,1335;
F.S.HH – B – 100B(type 1)
NFPA 266. NFPA 90A & 90 B
ASHARE 90.1 & 90.2 requirements
BS 476(part 4,6, & 7), 874,2972,3533,300,3958(part 5) 5643,5720
DIN 18165 52612
The use of Aluglass Duct System should not be recommended for the following applications:
- With equipment of any type which does not include automatic maximum tempertaure control and where an operating temperture of 121 deg C may be exceeded.
- In kitchen or fume exhaust ducts, or duct conveying solid or corrosive gases.
- In concrete or buried below grade
- With coal or wood fueled equipment.
- In outdoors without cladding.
- As casing and /or housing of built up equipment.
- Immedialtely adjacent to high tempertaure electric heating coils without radiation protection.
- In any applocation where the duct liner may come in dirct contact with liquid water(such as cooling coils, humidifiers, evaporators coolers) unless protected from the water source.
- Inside fire damper sleeves.
- In variable air volume systems on the high pressure side reinforced to stand the full fan pressure.
- Fold to form the duct section , make sure ends are flush and seated properly.
- While holdind the duct canted over at about 30 degrees, staple the longitidinal flap or by using cross tabs made from 8 length clousre tape.
Step 3:Aluminium Tape Application
- Using minimum 2.3″ wide tape, position the tape along the edge of the flap in a manner that will allow 1″ overlap on adjacetn surfaces.
- Rub Tape firmly with a plastic seating tool until the facing reinforcement shows through the tape.
Step 4: Sealant Silicone Application
- A thin coat of silicon shall be applied to seal all interior corner of the duct to prevent any fiber migration from the insulation.
Step 5: Profiles Application
- For fixing the profiles first, the steel corner plates are to be fixed with the help of glue on the duct corner.
- Lenghts of profile are to be cut as per internal dimensions of Aluglass duct.
- Fix the plastic profiles over the Aluglass duct which assures close fitting, smooth joints when duct sections are joined.
- Two straight duct sections and various other sections having ‘C’ or ‘T’ profile are joined / connected together by insertinf ‘I’ profile.For more details on duct reinforcement, fabrication & hanging, SMACNA’s “Fibrous Glass Ducts Construction Standard” and/or NAIMA’s Duct Construction Manual”.can also be reffered to.
NOTE: For more details on duct reinforcement, fabrication & hanging, SMACNA’s